This two-unit qualification provides essential knowledge on workplace and personal hygiene and product safety. It enables candidates to gain a sound understanding of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) based food safety management systems.
How long will it take?
Delivery would typically be through a 2-days training course (16 hours).
Learners will build an
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety,
- Understand the importance of keeping clean and hygienic,
- Understand how working areas are kept clean and hygienic,
- Understand the importance of keeping products safe,
- Know the purpose of a HACCP system,
- Identify the features and terminology of HACCP
The Level 2 Award in HACCP-based Food Safety System in Manufacturing is valid for a period of three years.
This qualification is assessed by MultiChoice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge. To Awarded this qualification the Learner must achieve a percentage pass in the MCQ paper.