The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in the Occupational Health and Safety provides the deep understanding of general health and safety issues or problems that affect all types of the organization and NEBOSH IGC enables the risks to be managed efficiently. As well as NEBOSH IGC covering the range of workplace hazards, risks and the methods of the control, it includes the reference to the international standards linking to the management of the health and safety at work.
It gives the valuable overview, and it is a sound basis for the further professional study in Occupational Health and Safety, For example, the NEBOSH International Diploma, Fire Certificate and the Construction Certificate.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (IGC)
Is broadly respected everywhere in the world and NEBOSH IGC is essential for anybody who is working in or is planning to work in the field of the health and safety. It presents an excellent introduction to the occupational safety and health, and it is suitable for working with all the types of organizations and the industries. NEBOSH IGC is ideal:
- For Everybody working in a safety-related role
- For Those who are looking or planning to start the career in health and safety field.
- For the Managers and the supervisors with the safety responsibilities as part of the broader role in health and safety
Gain the appreciation for your health and safety skills and the knowledge throughout the world with the NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety.
The NEBOSH IGC is one of the highly recommended qualifications in occupational safety and health across the world. It gives knowledge, skills and it enables you to know-how to perform the health and safety responsibilities for the any individual working in any organization.
What sort of people take the NEBOSH IGC?
The Managers, supervisors, officers, Fresher, and the employees or the workers throughout the world take the NEBOSH IGC because it delivers the skills and know-how to fulfill the health and safety responsibilities in anywhere in the world and any organization.
The NEBOSH IGC is also suitable for those starting their career in health and safety field. And also NEBOSH IGC ideal for those who want to switch their career or job into health and safety. Even for those people or persons who wish to enhance their profile with the internationally recognized certificate, providing the sound basis for the progression on to the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. No need for the previous health and safety knowledge is required.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is based on international standards and best practice. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification:
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit IG1 is assessed by 24 hours hand written or typed assessment at home
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)