What you’ll learn
This qualification will provide learners with the skills, knowledge, and understanding required for those working in areas/sectors where the assistance and movement of people is part of their role.
The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners for employment or to support a role in the workplace.
The qualification is suitable for those starting work, returning to work, or who need specific training in the movement of people safely, as well as being a suitable qualification for safety refresher training. This qualification covers the safe moving and handling principles for both objects/load and the assistance of moving people.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work, or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognize its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification, however, it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 16+.
Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing
- Outline employers and employee’s duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when:
- applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own;
- using manual handling aids and equipment;
- undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.
This qualification is assessed in 2 parts.
Part 1 Can be assessed by either of the following methods:
- Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) Examination – Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions across the breadth of the course syllabus within a 30-minute time frame.
- Learner Assessment Pack – Learners must provide a short response to questions across the breadth of the course syllabus throughout the duration of the course.
Part 2 Is assessed by Practical Assessment.
In addition to the topics covered in this course, many other related courses can provide additional information and resources. Here are some popular ones.
Years Of Experience
Courses & Programs
What Students are Saying
Check out our students’ testimonials and know how our institution has created a mark in the arena of professional education & training.
The Future Belongs To Those Who See Possibilities Today
At Safety Institute Pakistan, we understand the importance of preparing for the future. We strive to provide our students with quality education and training that will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their fields.
We are dedicated to helping our students find career success, so they can positively contribute to society. With our courses and qualifications, we are sure that you will be able to find success in your career path.