Basic Life Support and the Safe Use of an AED Level 2
This qualification is recommended for learners who wish to understand basic first aid in the workplace and who also have access to a defibrillator.
4.9 (5,199 Ratings)
What you’ll learn
The HABC Level 2 International Award in Basic Life Support and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator has been developed by HABC, the UK and Middle East’s leading supplier of safety and compliance-based qualifications.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation are an essential part of the chain of survival. The topics covered are seen by industry to be important in maintaining good practice in the safe, quick and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
Upon completion learners should be able to safely and effectively use an automated external defibrillation machine. In line with industry guidance, this qualification is valid for a period of 3 years. After this period, learners are required to complete the qualification again.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake approximately 4 hours of learning.
The learner will:
1. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Assess the scene for danger
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness
- Demonstrate how to open a casualty’s airway and check for breathing
- Demonstrate how to place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position
2. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise the need to start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a manikin
3. Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator
- Identify safety considerations when using an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- List differences in the procedure when using an automated external defibrillator on a child
4. Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator
- Demonstrate the correct placement of AED electrode pads on a manikin
- Follow AED voice prompts accurately
- Demonstrate how to combine the use of an automated external defibrillator with minimal interruptions in cardiopulmonary resuscitation using a manikin
- Demonstrate the safe delivery of AED shock
- State the procedure to follow if the casualty shows signs of life and starts to breathe normally
- Identify the information required when handing over the casualty to the emergency services
In order to register on to this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
16 years of age or above
The qualification is assessed by:
Part one: This component is assessed through practical demonstration of first aid skills.
Part two: This knowledge based assessment requires learners to answer a series of short answer questions either via written responses or oral questioning.
In addition to the topics covered in this course, many other related courses can provide additional information and resources. Here are some popular ones.
Years Of Experience
Courses & Programs
What Students are Saying
Check out our students’ testimonials and know how our institution has created a mark in the arena of professional education & training.
The Future Belongs To Those Who See Possibilities Today
At Safety Institute Pakistan, we understand the importance of preparing for the future. We strive to provide our students with quality education and training that will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their fields.
We are dedicated to helping our students find career success, so they can positively contribute to society. With our courses and qualifications, we are sure that you will be able to find success in your career path.